About Mathew 25:14-30
Another interesting post from the old bgg thread which I would like to share here:
About Mathew 14-30 is a very important parable for me. I was teached that parabole when I was just a child and somehow it stuck to me. At that time I was a brilliant child (I was a geek, as most of you here, lots of 10 on the exams and the like) and I suppose it was telling me to use my talents, my bran/intelligence to bring happines to the world, so I decided to made myself a scientist. I did that (By the way Im doctor in Molecular biology, which helped me a lot to understand me and why I was the way I am) but ultimately I changed my career to high school math teacher in order to have more time to dedicate to my family/kids. But Im disgressing a bit here, sorry.
The important part was that at some point in my life I was looking for a change in my life. I feel I was finally ready to go out of the closet, but I needed to know what God expected of me, as for me the spiritual side is a very important part of me. For a significant part of my life I thought I should try to fight my transgerism as a temptation, as it were a personal test God have made upon me. So I started reading the bible in look for an answer and suddenly it came in that parabole. My transgederism was not a temptation, but a talent that God gave me, and I shouldnt have hidden it. My real talent to the world was not my intelligence but my transgenderism (well in fact all my talents are important, but you get the point). We LGBT people must not hide our talents/traits, because they came from God, and he gave us to use it, and to live the live we were intended to live, and not to live inside a closet. In a very important sense Im now woman thanks to God, because faith was the only that prevent me to suicide myself in my darkest hours, as lots of other trans people have done. It was not a easy journey, but with their help I made it, and finally was brave enough to show all my talents to the world, and then I only want to tell other people who maybe in other steps of their journey to dont despair, as God love us all, and to believe that another life is possible. A life where you could be who ever you wnated to be, who you were born to be. I was born to be a trans woman with 3 kids, who teach other teenagers and give them example on how to be a trans person with a completely average/boring life, like I always wanted and that try to build bridges with other LGBT people and christian/jew people to show them that indeed you can be LGBT and be under God´s grace and to preach God´s word. That is literally the life I always desired for me (family, religion, being myself) but I never thought it was possible to achieve. I feared of being forced in prostitution. I feared of not being able to have my own kids. I feared of being seen as a sinner/bad/weird person by my community. I feared to only be able to have a normal life as long I keeped myself inside the closet. I feared to dont follow the path God have chosen for me. So as you can see I feared a lot, and I think I have reasons to. And however, somehow I end with 3 kids, a good job and reputation on my community, and all while being me, a trans woman. So everything I have always dreamed and fighted for it was made possible. And I know the truth behind it. God have been always after me, helping me step by step, because without celestial help it would be impossible to achieve all I managed to achieve. And in return I can only do things like this thread, to give testimony, spread his word and help others in a similar situation as mine. To use my talent.
Comments
Post a Comment