The rainbow is God´s sign

Below it is copied the first entry of this blog, that started as a blog in bgg, then was transformed in a thread there (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2634352/rainbow-gods-sign/page/1), and now is a proper blog again in blogger. Quite a journey for a blog which is only 11 days old!


Today I tried to start a blog called "The rainbow is God´s sign" but it was quickly removed by moderation who suggested it was posted here. I would much prefer to have a blog in order to keep all my post together and to have some kind of moderation on them, and I will probably get a blog in some place. I would appreciate any suggestion. ButI also feel quite appropiate that my blog had to die in order to resurrect as this thread and as the future blog in other site TBD yet


And now to the first (and last) post of my first blog here:

Today is Holy Sunday, the best day of the year from a christian point of view, because is the day that Christ resurrect and show us that indeed He can defeat dead, so there is hope for all us. In this day we are all asked to same as Christ to reborn and to share the happy news, that He has resurrected and He is indeed the Way, the Truth and the Life.

In this blog I will try to explore how a LGBT person as me (a trans woman) can be as good christian as everybody else and how I dont feel rejected by scriptures, more like the opposite. All the scriptures say how God love us all, and I feel loved everytime I read the bible.

On this blog Im trying to open hearts, to build bridges, between those lgbt people who feel themselves rejected by chistianity, and who are negated a basic human right like freedom of religion, so their spiritual life is negated. Many times a LGBT person is forced to choose among their sexuality or identity and their religion belief. So if you just live the way you were born then you feel you must renounce to your religion and any spiritual side on your life. Sometimes they go searching others religions, like buddhism or paganism, but they do that because they feel rejected by christianism, not because they feel at their heart that the word of Christ is false. Often they just compromise in having a internal spiritual side ("I believe on God, not on the church") and renounce to have a proper pastor like they deserve, because is a basic human right.

And on the other side there are good christians that mistakenly still think that being LGBT is a sin, and cant undertand how can I be christian and LGBT at the same time. Maybe even in some cases they had been feel forced to treat a lgbt person they know harsher than they would like because it was "what the bible said". Sometime that LGBT person is even their own son or daughter which are poorly treated just for religious reasons. And that is a shame. Because everybody suffer. LGBT people because they are forced to renounce their spiritual side, when we are all childrens of God, and non lgbt people because they are forced to treat lgbt people as sinners, when they are not.

To start with we have to undertand that LGBT people exist because God made us possible. If God would like that LGBT people wont exist then we will not exist, as dont exist people who can fly or blue people. God like diversity, and made us of every colour. God made us black, white, hispanic, asian, using almost every possible tone of skin. And in the same way it give us lots of different cultures, languages, and sexual orientations. And as it is not a sin to be black or asiatic or to speak rumanian or cirilic, it is not to be gay, lesbian or asexual, is just part of the diversity of the human population. We were born this way and we must live our life as it was granted to us, never hiding any trait of it (Mathew 25:14-30)

But I have talked a lot, and this is only my first post, so I would like to share a couple of other links. They are in spanish, but with google translate I hope you can understand them.

https://www.religiondigital.org/opinion/REFLEXION-PASCUAL-CR...

From this on I like a lot this part:
The Holy Spirit does not need the permission of the guardians of orthodoxy to act and fertilize the lives of those believers who are never going to abandon the Church. Neither will we abandon our partners, nor will we feel guilty when participating in the sacraments in which Christ himself gives himself to us. And it gives us strength to be able to continue in the Church, despite everything. Cotton does not deceive: if we remain in an Institution that persecutes us, it can only be because the one who has called us to remain in it has taken up residence in us and strengthens us in contempt and persecution.

And we will do all this from the logic of the Cross: that it does not attack (making use of everything that many of us know about the clergy ...), but from the logic of those who know how to wait for the moment and who knows how to live what God asks us looking at him and understanding and pitying the guardians of the Law. Praying for those who persecute us, under the guise of those who take care of us.


And another one from the facebook page of my asociation
https://www.facebook.com/1684116185179755/posts/290239949001...

I would remark this part:

Not long ago, LGBTIQ + Christians stopped being alone in our claims to occupy a place in the Church, when we were joined by Lay Associations of various charisms sensitized by our experience of faith in adversity. Something has been forging in the heart of the Church of the street and it has caught on in the shepherds who decided to smell sheep. Perhaps it is the moment of the revolution, of making the Resurrection effective in that we confidently let Christ renew this Church that hopes to come out of the tomb and live.
And now I ask again: Who are the favorites of the Church? Because Jesus has not risen only for those who have everything, especially the luck of not feeling prejudiced for being and loving in a certain way. Jesus has risen, yes, but he has done it for the weakest, for the persecuted, for the mocked, for those who are not able to communicate even to their family and friends who they really are, because they are afraid of their reactions.
Who are our favorites? It is a question that should also challenge LGBTIQ + Christians who live the faith in a way that seeks to be engaged, perhaps in believing communities and associations. Because in which risen Jesus do we believe? Why and who do we choose? How do we translate our resentment into love? Does the resurrection of Christ really move our actions? Do we act for our success or prestige or do we really act in the name of the Lord who defeated death? What about Christ alive in us and in us? How do we prove it? How is our life? What testimony do we bear?
I have difficulty answering those questions. Not that that intuition of mine that arose when I was sixteen confused has disappeared. Now more than ever and with everything that happens, I have the conviction that Christ was born, died and rose again for me, accepting me as I am, as He did for all humanity without exception. Even so, all these questions have been stirring me for a long time and I do not have clear answers. It is time for changes, I am sure. Otherwise everything will remain the same and we will have lost the opportunity to consolidate this that we notice how it is born, that demands our voices, our hands, our testimony, our denunciation, our cry, our certainty that Christ conquers death. The Church is agitated hopefully because it has surprised those who are left without arguments to justify their instructions in the light of the Gospel. We are not afraid.



Hope you enjoy reading it and more than anything to start build some bridges because yes, you dont have to renounce your religion for being LGBT nor you have to renounce to lgbt people for being christian.

Comments